The prevalence of diseases associated with activity of the parasites are large enough, especially when it comes to certain categories of the population. For example, for young children and is characterized by often pinworm, and trichinosis terrible hunters and various cepni.
In addition, worms in humans, symptoms and clear clinical picture can provoke the development of secondary infections and diseases. So for any individual it is important to be able to recognize the bad “neighborhood” and seek help from a specialist.
How do people become infected with worms?
In order to understand whether there is a risk of infestation and to properly interpret the symptoms of having worms, you need to know the main ways of infecting them. In the human body, most often, pathogens come in the form of eggs, which later hatch.
Today, the doctors suggest 4 main ways of infection with helminths on sources:
- Geo helminthiasis. In this case we are talking about ingestion of eggs through contaminated soil and water, which contain many immature larvae. They fall into the ground and water with feces of infected animals and also by migrating insects. Flies are common carriers of worms, conveying eggs on the food of man.
- Contact. To become the object of parasitism is sufficient to have a contact with already infected person.
- Bio helminthiasis. Transmission of pests occurs by eating improperly cooked meat of a cow or pig, fish with inadequate heat treatment (sushi, kebabs, dried and smoked fish, bacon streaked with meat, etc.).
- There are distinct kind of pests that get inside the human body through the bite of infected insects.
The mechanism of ingress of the pathogen diseases in the human body – feces. According to statistics, the most typical source of infestation become Pets, soil, dirty water. It is enough to work in the garden and not enough to clean your hands and nails from residual soil to become the object of parasitism of pathogenic microorganisms. The main enemies of such diseases – sanitation and personal hygiene.
On that first note?
Very important if a person has worms, be able to recognize what the symptoms are telling about this disease and time to seek the advice of a physician. Experts advise to take preventive measures to avoid infecting the children who attend the kindergartens and for families which in the house to keep Pets.
Pay special attention to the primary symptoms of worms in humans, symptoms appear a bit later, there are cases of prolonged asymptomatic development of infestations. When infected the person will experience a disorder of the intestine in the form of discomfort, bloating, flatulence, loose stool and constipation, nausea and General malaise. Do not underestimate the situation, these symptoms require an examination. Often, the disease parasites can be identified visually by feces which sooner or later will be individuals.
Important! In most cases, after infection with eggs of parasites, people do not pay attention to the primary symptoms of such illness, perceiving them to cause the usual dysbiosis. To be able to distinguish between these two disease, you need to understand whether there has been any environment for pests inside the body. If any, precaution and prevention should be tested for diagnosis.
The main symptoms of worms in adult
Almost all kinds of diseases involve the manifestation of a number of characteristic signs by which the people themselves before going to the doctor can recognize the disease. The first symptoms of worms can also be determined in advance, then the person is sent for diagnosis.
Characteristic symptoms of infection with worms:
- allergic rashes of the skin – hives, eczema spots, warts, boils, acne;
- prolonged cough which cannot be cured by special medicines from him and even with antibiotics;
- inflammation of the upper respiratory tract – pneumonia, runny nose (if the strongyloidiasis or ascariasis);
- poor permeability of the intestine, constipation (intense infestation) or loose stools and bloating (when tapeworms are long and large);
- decreased immunity, frequent colds;
- digestive problems, nervousness;
- because of the excitability of the nervous system is gnashing of teeth.
- blood poisoned by the waste products of the parasites that causes depression;
- when migrating individuals can feel the pain in tissues and joints.
Attention! In the presence of at least two symptoms of helminthiasis has all the risks of confirmation of this diagnosis, so as soon as possible to seek the assistance of a physician.
Distinctive peculiarities of manifestation of pests can be certain places of their localization.
If the worms in the liver:
- pale skin is the result of anemia;
- rapid weight loss;
- unhealthy appearance of a person;
- aching throughout the body;
- rash as hives;
- sensation making the liver;
- frequent nausea and vomiting;
- loss of appetite;
The symptoms of worms in human intestine:
- allergic reactions;
- the increase in the number of eosinophils in the blood;
- pain in muscles and joints;
- itching, swelling;
- a weakened immune system and the development of other gastrointestinal diseases.
If the worms in the lungs of people:
- fatigue, discomfort and weakness;
- a sharp increase in body temperature;
- shortness of breath and severe asthma attacks;
- cough, often in the morning, with expectoration;
- in the sternum tingling and pain;
- frequent nausea and vomiting;
- intense headache;
- blurred vision;
- signs of toxemia and loss of appetite;
- allergic reactions.
If pests are in the eyes:
- swelling of eyelids, similar to the boils;
- a sensation of movements in the eye area;
- long tortuous lines in the skin;
If the worms in the brain:
- frequent pain in the neck and temples;
- the ongoing depression;
- pain in the head accompanied by nausea, vomiting;
- while drinking severe headaches;
- nervous breakdowns;
- sudden stops of the organs of vision.
Due to the clinical specialist will be able to pinpoint not only the type of parasites, but the place of their localization, the presence of complications and consequences.
What tests need to pass?
Today, each clinic involves a variety of standard and new methods of diagnosis of helminthiasis, but the most common consider the following tests:
- The analysis of a feces on eggs when during the day to collect the stool in a special container, before carrying out these procedures, the person should wash with soap and water.
- Scraping, easy way to discover the pests when in the morning a piece of duct tape stuck to the anus, then it is removed and placed in a container.
- The material which takes place with the help of a cotton swab. Usually to detect larvae, enough to hold a stick in the anus.
- A blood test that can detect non-standard types of infestations. The choice of tests prescribed by your doctor.
The newest methods of detecting a disease – ELISA, when human blood proteins detect antibodies that are manifested in the result of the presence of the pathogen. For such proteins, the specialist can determine the duration and intensity of the infestation.
Which doctor should I contact for treatment?
In order to be able to recognize the presence of pathogens, to determine their type, quantity and to establish an accurate diagnosis, you need to know what kind of specialist deals with these diseases. Usually the clinic is a doctor of infectious diseases or Parasitology, in charge of law the treatment of infestations and other parasitic diseases.
If the primary disease provoked serious consequences, diseases and disorders of the internal organs, a person can refer to other specialists – gastroenterologist, ophthalmologist, ENT specialist, cardiologist, neurologist or surgeon.
How to avoid infection?
Not to become the host of a parasite, it is important to follow simple precautions:
- wash hands after walking, visiting the toilet, gardening, contact with animals, before eating;
- carefully rinse food and therapy against parasites;
- carefully fry the meat and the fish, observing the rules of heat treatment;
- to adhere to the rules of sanitation and personal hygiene.
Important! Common carriers of infections are becoming substandard food, so doctors suggest to buy the products with certificates of quality in reliable stores.