In the human body can live different kinds of worms. The defeat of the parasites no one is immune, overview of helminth is important information for everyone. Knowing the way of invasion and peculiarities of parasitism of different worms will be able to significantly reduce the risk of infection. Consider the classification of types of worms.
To the most common form of worms are round worms. Their other name – nematodes. This group of parasites, the body which in cross section has a circular shape. Their length varies from 5 mm to 40 cm They settled mainly in the intestine, but can be localized in other organs, tissues.
High prevalence of this parasite is due to the simplicity of the transmission. For development it does not need to change hands. Nematodes are transmitted from person to person or by eating unwashed vegetables, fruits. Especially in large bot of this type, called the disease of dirty hands, diagnosed in children. In humans inhabit such representatives nematode:
- Pinworms – small worms that have a grayish body color with a length of 5-10 mm. Localized in the intestines that cause the disease enterobiasis. The infection occurs when the eggs enter the body through the mouth. 2 weeks worm goes through a cycle of development up to Mature individuals. These parasites live 1-2 months, disrupting the normal functioning of the digestive tract, leading to exhaustion.
- Ascarids are large worms that trigger the development of ascariasis. The length of their body fusiform 20-40 cm They are parasitic in the small intestine, but in the process of development penetrate the liver, heart, and lungs. Migrating through the body, the worms damage the internal organs and channels. The period of life of the parasites is 12-14 months. Infection their negative impact on health, leading to allergies and digestive disorders, internal bleeding, bowel obstruction. In children, roundworm can cause developmental delays. The path of infection through unwashed hands, dirty food.
- Vlasoglavy – worms with a body length of 3-5 cm, localized in the colon. The parasite attaches itself to the intestinal wall and absorbs the blood. Causes trihozefalez. It is very toxic to the parasite, so it strongly poisons the body. The period of life up to 5 years. All this time, he provokes his appetite and stool, anemia, abdominal pain. Can lead to acute appendicitis when placed in the cecum.
- Trichinella– worms, the length of which does not exceed 2-5 mm. Despite small sizes, causing severe disease – trichinosis. Its symptoms are fever, edema, Allergy, high temperature. You can become infected through meat, pigs. These worms are striking muscle tissue, most often affects the muscles of the face and respiratory tract. After 3-4 weeks the larvae caught in the muscles, turn into capsules. The recovery occurs. But with a massive infection can be fatal.
- Toxocara worm, parasitic in the body of dogs. Like ascaride, because it has the same fusiform body with a length of 15-30 cm When the larvae enter the body of people, there is a disease toxocariasis. In the human body Toxocara can not develop to reproductively Mature, so their larvae migrate through the body, causing damage to internal organs, allergic and other disorders.
Among the most dangerous worms which are humans, the main role is tape worms or cestodes. When you consider their huge size, which can reach 18 m, it becomes apparent how they adversely affect health. Cestodes are divided into tapeworms and tapeworms. For the complete life cycle they need to change host. Consider a brief description of the more common members of the species:
- A tapeworm is a worm with a length of 10-15 m, causing the development of difillobotrioz. Settles in the small intestine after people had consumed raw freshwater fish infected with the eggs of worms. Causes severe abdominal pain, anemia, digestive disorders. This helminth, as most of the cestodes, has a formidable appearance.
- Pork tapeworm – this worm enters the body in the ingestion of infected pork. These 8-metre long worms, parasites in the intestines, cause the development of teniasis, accompanied by severe stomach disorders, nervous disorders, allergies.
- Beef tapeworm – the tapeworm species reaches a size of 18 m. It is one of the most important human worms. It causes the development of beef tapeworm infection leads to intestinal obstruction, physical and nervous exhaustion. To get infected by this worm can eating affected beef. The worm is localized in the small intestine.
- Echinococcus – a tape worm, a parasite in the bodies of cats, dogs. People for this parasite are intermediate host, but in spite of this, the worm larvae induce the development of very complex disease echinococcosis. Worm eggs develop to the larval stage, which are embedded in the fabric of any bodies and quickly form a cyst. Delete is possible only surgically.
Flukes or trematodes – a kind of worms with suction cups on the body surface. With their help, the worms dig in the walls of internal organs, tissues, and so eat, absorbing the nutrients, blood. The bodies of these worms are of flat shape, the length can reach 1.5 m. Visually, they resemble a piece of wood. The main source of infection with trematodes – ingestion of undercooked fish, seafood. In the development process they need to replace 1-2 intermediate hosts. The main varieties of Flukes, parasitic in the body of the people:
- Iecoris Dens – helminth, provoking the development of opisthorchiasis. Has a length of 7-20 mm. Affects the biliary, hepatic and pancreatic ducts. On the background of infection with this parasite develops ulcer, cholecystitis, pancreatitis.
- Siberian Fluke – worm, length 8-13 mm, parasitic in the gall bladder and its ducts. In the early stages of invasion there is a high temperature, pain in muscles, joints, stomach upset, then the symptoms become less pronounced. This is evidence that the disease has become chronic.
Treatment with drugs from all types of worms
To destroy the worms, you need to take de-worming medication. But first you must establish exactly what the bot was struck by the body. On the basis of the diagnostic results of the selected medicines. They are divided into 2 types:
- narrow – are assigned to destroy several types of worms;
- omnidirectional – are considered universal, as almost to destroy all kinds of worms are suitable for the prevention of helminthic infestation.
Regimen and duration of treatment the tablets should be determined by the specialist, as antihelminthic means many contraindications and side effects.
Additionally, during therapy, you can use traditional recipes. Many plants have de-worming properties – garlic, onions, pumpkin seeds, herbs, spices, ginger. On the basis of their de-worming are preparing infusions, decoctions and other means, the use of which will help to cleanse the body.
Defeat any types of worms entails enormous health problems. Aware of their danger, it is important to follow prevention measures to help reduce the risk of infestation. It is enough to observe the rules of hygiene, eating meat and fish just past the full heat treatment, and thoroughly wash fruit and vegetables.
At the first sign of infection contact your doctor. The less time the worms live in the body, the easier it is to get rid of the consequences of parasitism.