Helminthiasis or worm infestation is the infection of the parasite. To catch worms can everyone – from Pets, using household appliances, dirty hands, raw fish or meat. Such sources a huge amount, so in real life it is difficult and almost impossible to protect against worms. The infection the worms often manifests itself under the guise of other diseases – disorders of the digestive system, reduced vision, diseases of the liver and other internal organs. This complicates the diagnostic process and leads to the ineffectiveness of prescribed treatment.
Worms in an adult can be varied, each of whom, settling in the human body provokes the development of certain diseases or several. If the cause of these ailments are other agents, and not parasites, to cure them quickly and effectively. Otherwise, conservative treatment is meaningless, because the treatment must be directed not on elimination of symptoms and eliminating the root causes – worms.
The main types of worms
In nature there are about 250 species of helminths. Each requires certain conditions for their existence and development. Worms differ in size, shape and other characteristic features. The classification of these parasites is not yet fully formed and validated by scientists. Separation of worms on a territorial basis is also the place to be. This fact complicates the classification of parasites.
In the countries of the middle latitudes with temperate climatic conditions is possible to count more than 20 species of helminths, which are divided into three groups depending on the appearance and form:
- Round (nematodes);
- Tape (cestodes);
- Flat (trematodes).
Each of these groups has up to hundreds of varieties of worms, parasites. Nematodes and trematodes are more common in nature than tape parasites. The human body is an ideal environment for reproduction and growth pinworms and ascarids. Also common and Trichinella. Cestoda belong to the bovine, porcine, rat cepni, a tapeworm.
Signs and symptoms of worms in humans
Worms, parasites in the human body, literally "suck" it out of him. The first signs indicating the presence in the body of the worms, expressed in terms of chronic fatigue, abrupt weight reduction, improved or loss of appetite. Itching in the anal area also indicates possible infection with helminths.
Signs of parasitic infection of the body can be indirect symptoms characteristic of gastrointestinal diseases, neurosis, dermatological diseases and allergies. It can be:
- Pain in the abdomen, nausea and vomiting, constipation, diarrhea;
- Constant fatigue, weakness, headaches, fever, drowsiness, lethargy, insomnia;
- Violation of the structure of hair and nails, allergic rhinitis, urticaria, itchy rash, dry spasmodic cough, bronchospasm;
- Against the background of weak immunity organism defeat various infectious diseases and inflammatory processes (exacerbated chronic illnesses, decrease the body's defenses, and he becomes a target for the reproduction of pathogenic microorganisms and infection).
Due to the fact that the symptoms indicating the presence of worms, are similar to symptoms of other diseases, it is rarely possible to immediately determine the true cause of illness and prescribe the correct treatment. It is fraught with the deterioration of the human condition and possible complications, in which parasites multiply, destroying the "favorite" on and spreading throughout the body. One of the most serious complications could be internal bleeding, liver failure, intestinal obstruction and others.
Diagnosis of worms in the human body
For the detection of worms in the body was used two methods: duodenal intubation and analysis of feces, urine, saliva, depending on their types and the detection of helminth eggs. These diagnostic methods were not perfect, since a big role in research played by the human factor. The results depended on the professionalism and qualifications of the laboratory that did this analysis. An inexperienced technician could not discern the signs of parasites in the material.
Science has stepped forward, and now there are more informative and accurate methods of diagnosis of worm infestation – immunological studies of biomaterial, enabling high accuracy to determine the amount of antibodies and antigens to different types of worms. These include:
- ELISA (enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay on worms). The veracity of the results of this method exceeds 90%. This study shows whether there are parasites and eggs of worms in the body, the cycle of their development and the species to which they belong.
- ELISA tests – specially designed tests that show the body's reaction to the infestation. This method is not independent. It must be used with ELISA (laboratory microscopic examination).
- Serological methods (REEF, rnga, RSK, RAL). These methods are often used for diagnosing helminthiasis acute stage.
- Ultrasound, x-ray internal organs.
- CT (computed tomography), endoscopy.
- PCR detection of invasion of the body intracellular parasites and protozoa.
- Bioresonance diagnosis – the research, allowing for a certain characteristic parasites of frequencies to calculate them in the body at an early stage.
Modern methods of diagnosis with high reliability of the results can identify not only the fact of infection of the body by worms, but also to determine their species, age and stage of development, which greatly simplifies the task of doctors and speeds up the process of healing.
Treatment for worms in adult
Worms in nature are many types, so it would be naive to believe that there is one miracle pill that will rid the body of parasitic infestations in just one appointment. Treatment of helminthiasis in adults involves a range of drugs and procedures, as well as strict adherence to all recommendations of the doctor and the rules of personal hygiene. Remedy for worms is chosen individually, based on the results of the research and the type of detected worms.
Treatment for different types of worms will be ineffective if the person to be treated one, since the high probability of relapse (re-infection) from those you love. To get rid of worms it is only possible when every member of the family or people living together with an infected person, will take the necessary medication.
A tablet from worms to humans
Anti-helminth tablets can be for the destruction of many species of helminths prevalent in certain latitudes, and narrowly directed (for certain types of parasites). The most widespread preparations from worms wide application on the basis of four main active ingredients.
A remedy for worms has side effects such as dizziness, nausea, vomiting, pain in the abdomen, weakness, drowsiness and other signs of poisoning the body with chemicals. In the case of certain symptoms should be taken enterosorbent.
Drops from worms
Drops as anti-helminth drugs in tablet form, also effective and easy to use. Cure for worms in the form of a straw allows you to calculate the dosage, which often you can't do with tablets, because most of them are covered with a special protective shell, which violate categorically impossible. In the form of drops for treatment of worm infestation admit the following drugs.
All drugs for the treatment of helminthiasis, regardless of the form of issue are strong poisonous substances, which can not only help to get rid of parasites, but also cause acute intoxication. It is important not to self-medicate, to find the right drug and dosage should only be a specialist.
Folk remedies for worms
Not only medicines can help remove worms from the body. Nature has thought of everything in advance and gave people the ability to get rid of parasites using plants and their fruits. In folk medicine there are many recipes for the treatment of a helminth infection. Among them we can highlight the most common:
- Wormwood – used in the form of powdered dry substance or cooked broth. The dry leaves give a strong bitterness, it is better to take with honey. To prepare the broth you will need 2 tablespoons of raw pour 0.5 liters of boiling water and boil on low heat for 15 minutes. The infusion is prepared like a decoction, only to brew is not necessary. Alcohol tincture is prepared as follows: half a liter of vodka to take 100 grams of dried sage leaves, cover and put in a week in a cool dark place.
- From tansy, for the treatment and prevention used the seeds and buds of this plant. Tablespoon of seeds of tansy pour a glass of boiling water. To insist until then, until cool. The infusion of inflorescences is prepared as follows: to half a Cup of dried flowers you will need half a liter of boiling water. To insist until the potion cools down to room temperature and strain through gauze or a bandage.
- On the basis of the ginger tea from raw ginger root with honey is one of the most delicious and effective methods of treatment of helminthiasis. Preparing this drink just a tablespoon or 30 – 50 grams of fresh, minced ginger root, pour boiling water and allow to cool to a temperature of 6o degrees. Honey can be diluted in a warm drink or just dissolve in the mouth, with tea.
- The infusion of the dry ground cloves with the coriander one Cup of boiling water 50-60 grams of dry powder. To infuse this remedy should about an hour in a warm place. You can wrap the container of potion in a warm kitchen towel.
- Garlic – used in any form: boiled, fried, raw, baked. It is better to add raw crushed garlic to salads and other dishes, as fresh, it contains more nutrients, so "don't like" parasites.
Unlike traditional medicine recipes of traditional medicine have practically no contraindications and side effects, except for individual intolerance and allergic to a particular component.
In addition to decoctions, tinctures and other folk remedies for self-medication also apply a cleansing enema. It is believed that the effectiveness of these procedures, thanks to the local action, is much more than preparations for oral administration, and this treatment virtually no side effects. Enema is used for:
- Tincture of garlic – pounded to a pulp the garlic, pour warm, not hot, boiled water and infuse for about half an hour. One average head of garlic to take one glass of warm water. You can prepare a larger volume of subject proportions.
- The infusion of tansy – spoon of dry inflorescences pour 0.5 liters of boiling water, wrap in warm towel or put on a warm place and leave for 40 minutes – 50. Use infusion for the enema should be at a temperature of 36 – 37 degrees Celsius.
- The infusion of the dry sage – for preparation will need 50 grams of dry powdered leaves pour boiling water and let cool. This tool is much stronger, so abuse it is not worth it.
Any decoction or tincture to enema is used only in filtered form, to any minor or foreign objects do not fall and hurt the intestines. Not scientifically proven effectiveness of such treatment. Enema garlic can not only cure the infestation, but also to harm the health in the form of burns of the mucosa.
Prevention of infection with worms
Parasites live in the environment and live together with man. The risk of infection is always high. Prevention of worms is the best tool in this situation. Preventive measures should be regularly because the different types of parasites have an individual development cycle.
As treatment and prophylaxis is held all family members at the same time. Based on the fact that anti-helminth drugs are toxic, for prevention is better to prefer natural remedies such as garlic, pumpkin seeds, a decoction of wormwood, and try to avoid possible sources of infection by worms. Preventive methods include:
- Hygiene – washing hands with soap after using the toilet, public places and transport, before and after meals, use of personal towels and soap, bedding and underwear;
- Eating only thoroughly washed fruits, vegetables and the products passed thermal treatment;
- The destruction of the dwelling in particular the kitchen all kinds of insects (mosquitoes, flies, cockroaches) that carry helminth eggs on the legs or on the tip;
- Avoid to drink water from unreliable sources; use water should boiled;
- Drug prevention – the use of anthelmintic drugs with regularity in 4 - 6 months or when obvious risk of infection; prophylactically used the same drugs as for treatment, only at a lower dosage.
The use of drugs conducted on the recommendation of the doctor after the consultation. After the prevention of helminthiasis, after two or three weeks a second course, to exclude the likelihood of new parasites from delayed eggs.