Worms call worms from the group of worms that are parasitic in the human body and cause dysfunction of organs and systems. In adults often pinworm and roundworm. There may also be different types of tapeworms that treat tapeworms. In any case, if you have symptoms of helminthiasis should immediately consult a doctor who will prescribe an effective treatment.
The causes of the disease
There are several sources of contamination of the body by helminths:
- The bot – in this case, the worms enter the human body through soil and water. It can also occur after contact with animals and during the removal of fly eggs on food.
- Contact way worms are passed from person to person. Thus pinworms are usually spread, and the risk of infection is very high.
- Bio-helminthiasis – worms enter the body after the consumption of raw and undercooked meat or fish.
- Insect bites. Quite often carriers of worms are mosquitoes.
The main route of infection with worms is considered to be fecal-oral. In this case, helminth eggs enter the human body with food or water. Quite rare helminthic infestations occur during insect bites.
Symptoms of worms in adults
Signs of infection are directly dependent on the localization of worms in the body. The largest colonies of parasites – ascarids, pinworms, tapeworms – are found in the intestine, however, some helminths are able to move through the body. For example, roundworm can first get into the stomach and from there through the blood reach the lungs or the liver. There they develop for three weeks, and then again enter the intestine or the stomach.
Pinworms are often located in the anus, causing intense itching. In women they can also be localized in the genitals. Parasites such as Fluke cat's, often live in the liver and pancreas. Echinococcus granulosus is capable of hitting muscle and bone, and tsepni – penetrate even into the brain. Also, some types of worms can reside in the respiratory tract causing a persistent cough.
Depending on the localization result in the following symptoms of helminthiasis:
- Constipation. The worms of large size can close the lumen of the intestine, which causes a violation of the chair. Constipation can last more than two days.
- Diarrhea. Some parasites produce a special substance that stimulates the body to secretion of undigested food residues with plenty of water.
- Flatulence. Individual species of helminths provoke swelling in the small intestine, resulting in excess gas formation. If time does not get rid of the worms, flatulence may last up to several months.
- The irritable bowel syndrome. Worms can cause the development of inflammation in the intestine that leads to malabsorption of nutrients.
- Pain in muscles and joints. Worms can be localized in any part of the body. If they fall in the joints or muscles, you begin to destroy tissue. The result is pain, which are the body's response to the activity of the parasite.
- Allergy. Selection of worms can cause the body's production of special cells called eosinophils. They lead to the inflammation of the tissues that becomes the cause of allergic reactions.
- Diseases of the skin. As a result, a person's pimples, wrinkles, hives, acne and even warts. Sometimes infection with helminths leads to increased fragility of nails and hair.
- Anemia. Certain types of worms can stick to the walls of the intestine, receiving from him not only nutrients, but also blood. In the end, the man is a development of anemia.
- The weight change. Most often, the infection with helminths leads to a sharp loss of weight. The fact that the parasites absorb a significant amount of nutrients coming into the human body with food. Moreover, the presence of a helminth infection often leads to loss of appetite. However, in some cases in humans, an increase in the body mass – this process is a protective response of the body to release the worms.
- Problems in the functioning of the nervous system. The presence of worms in the body affects the state of the nervous system. As a result, the person develops anxiety, anxiety and even depression.
- Sleep disorders. If every night wakes up in the middle of sleep, this can indicate a helminth infection. It was at this time by cleansing the liver from toxins produced by helminths. Usually at night parasites can leave the body through the anus, and this process is accompanied by a feeling of strong itching.
- Chronic fatigue syndrome. This condition manifests itself as depression, lethargy, weakness. The reason for this problem lies in the shortage of nutrients in the body. The person may experience memory impairment, emotional tension.
- Disorders in the immune system. Infection with helminths can cause immune disorders. As a result, people much more often suffer from viral diseases. It may have allergic reactions to conventional products. In the intestine often develop goiter or colitis, but on the face – acne and herpes.
- Oncologic pathology. Worms may be so much to poison the body that the immune system just can't cope with this process. The result of developing a variety of complications, including conducive to the emergence of malignant tumors.
- The inflammatory process in the Airways. Worms can move freely in various organs, and, of course, the respiratory system cannot be an exception. If the worms obstruct the respiratory ducts, there may be difficulty breathing. Also in humans there is often a cough and increased body temperature. Rather dangerous complication of helminth infections is the development of bronchial asthma.
Methods of diagnosis of helminthiasis
In order to identify the worms in the adult organism, most often used ovoscopy. This study is the analysis of a feces on eggs of helminths, which are parasitic in the digestive system. Unfortunately, it is not always possible to obtain absolute results, as not all worms lay eggs systematically.
More accurate results can be achieved with the help of histological coprogram. Through this study could clearly identify the parts of the bodies of the worms and their eggs. In the result, it is possible not only to diagnose helminth infections, but also to determine the species of parasites detected.
If there is any suspicion that the localization of helminths in the lungs, is shown an x-ray. In addition, performed the examination of the sputum. To identify parasites in the liver, brain or kidney, performed CT or ultrasound. For the diagnosis of helminths in the blood making the blood. Also for this purpose can be carried out immunological tests.
Treatment for worms in adults
To therapy was the most effective, you need to consult a doctor and strictly adhere to its recommendations. Specialist prescribes treatment only on the basis of test results. To make their own drugs because they have a toxic effect on the human body. In addition, it is worth considering that the different worms require different treatment regimens. Equally important when choosing the dosage of the drug is the age and weight of the person.
Upon detection of pinworms or ascarids for the treatment drugs used.
Many drugs ineffective against larvae and eggs of worms. In addition, there is a fairly big threat of self-infection Enterobius. So after 2-3 weeks, the therapy must be repeated.
Among folk remedies for combating helminths secrete pumpkin seeds and the herb tansy. Seeds should be cleaned yourself to save and eat a thin film located between the seed and the peel.
For getting rid of worms 300 g this product must be crushed, mix with honey and eat it. Do it best in the morning hours. Then you need 3-4 hours to abstain from food. After this time you will need to do an enema. The treatment can be repeated in a couple of weeks.
One of the most popular means of worms tansy is. To prepare the broth 3 tablespoons herbs, pour a glass of boiling water and leave for 1 hour, then drain. The skin should drink 3-4 times a day a tablespoon.
To cope with the toxins and to destroy the worms will help products with a bitter taste. For these purposes, it is recommended to use wormwood and cloves. In addition, almost all worms can not tolerate acidic environment. So to cope with worms by inclusion in the diet of sauerkraut, Apple cider vinegar, natural juices from acidic fruits and vegetables.
If there is a suspicion of the presence of worms in the body, it is necessary to include in the diet of a large number of fresh carrots. Also very useful to drink natural carrot juice and infusion of birch buds. For its preparation a teaspoon of raw pour a glass of water and heat on a steam bath for half an hour. Two hours later the infusion is ready to use. It is recommended to take half a glass means twice a day. The course of treatment – 1 week.
Prevention of worms
To not have to deal with the unpleasant consequences of helminth infection, it is recommended to perform preventive measures. To do this is to abandon the use of raw water from springs or wells. You can drink only boiled or filtered water.
After contact with the ground hands need a good wash with soap and water. Not less carefully it is worth to wash the vegetables, herbs, fruits and berries. It is very important to thoroughly heat treatment meat, fish and poultry. It is not recommended to eat dried, salted or raw products containing the blood.
After bathing in the waters, it is necessary to take a shower. You should not allow Pets to lick your hands or face, because their language can be helminth eggs. After contact with animals should wash their hands. Also, you should run anti-parasitic cleansing pet.
The peculiarities of helminth infections during pregnancy
From worms no one is immune, and of course, pregnant women are no exception. Moreover, during pregnancy the immune system is significantly weakened, and therefore the threat of development helminthiasis increases. To avoid this, you should pay attention to prevention of disease – it is good to wash your hands after using the toilet or contact with animals, to carefully handle the vegetables, herbs and fruits before eating.
If the infection still occurred, you should immediately consult a doctor. During pregnancy, you can take not every drug of the worms. During this period, allowed only the use of piperazine. When infected by Ascaris the dosage is 1.5-2 g, the treatment course is 2 days and 2 doses an hour before meals. If a pregnant woman diagnosed with pinworms, therapy should be continued for 5 days, taking the drug in the same dosage.
Worms are quite common in adults, causing serious disruptions in the work of many organs and systems. To prevent the development of dangerous complications, you should deal with prevention of helminthiasis. If the parasite all-taki has got into the organism, it is necessary to consult a doctor who will prescribe an effective remedy.