Quite often people encounter parasites, but it is not always possible to timely identify their presence in the human body. What are the symptoms of parasites in the body? There are a lot of them and they are often intertwined with signs of internal diseases. How to understand what symptoms are inherent in helminths, and how to cure a helminthic disease?
The larvae of the worms first enter the intestine and are localized in it. Some types of helminths migrate from the intestines to other internal organs and end up even in those places of the human body where it is sometimes very difficult to identify them. The reasons for the entry of parasites into the human body are varied, here are the most common:
- a person can become infected due to insufficient hygiene;
- due to poor-quality heat treatment of contaminated meat and fish products;
- poorly washed fruits and vegetables;
- through contaminated soil and water in open sources;
- when in contact with sick animals;
- from person to person, through infected personal belongings;
- An adult or child becomes infected by the bite of a blood-sucking insect.
From the gastrointestinal tract
The symptoms of the presence of parasites in the body are very varied. From the side of the digestive organs, they manifest themselves as follows:
- there are frequent stomach and intestinal upsets - constipation or diarrhea;
- increased gas production and dysbiosis;
- symptoms of intoxication;
- bloody discharge during urination and during the act of defecation;
- itching and burning of the colon, especially at night;
- the appearance of an allergic reaction to food, unprecedented before;
- appetite disorders - its complete absence or excessive consumption of food.
Signs of worms from the digestive tract can appear daily or periodically. It all depends on the number of parasites in the body of a child and an adult, on the place of their localization and on how long they are in the body. If there are no apparent reasons or existing diseases that disrupt the work of the digestive organs, it is worth thinking about the presence of parasites in the intestines and, just in case, undergo an examination.
From the side of the nervous system
Adult parasites and their larvae secrete toxic products, the influence of which negatively affects the work of not only internal organs, but also the human nervous system. The more parasites have settled in the intestines, the more harm they cause to human health and the more characteristic the symptoms are. Manifestations of disorders from the nervous system and psyche:
- irritability and anxiety;
- chronic lack of sleep;
- chills and fever;
- dizzy and headache;
- children are anxious and very moody.
The presence of parasites in the body can provoke the occurrence of allergic reactions unheard of before. When infected with worms, allergies appear to food, drinks or medicinal herbs. The reaction manifests itself in the form of various red rashes all over the body, itching and itching of the affected areas. Allergies are accompanied by snot, severe coughing, peeling and dry skin.
Symptoms of parasitic diseases, in addition to general manifestations, can spread to other organs, provoke disruptions in their work and inflammatory processes. Symptoms of parasite poisoning can be caused by the presence of a certain type of worm parasitizing the body. The name of the parasite and its features:
- Schistosome worms.Symptoms of schistosomiasis infection: skin rash in humans, bad breath, intoxication of the body. Worms provoke genitourinary infections, thrush (in women) and inflammation of the prostate (in men).
- Wide ribbon.The first signs of parasites: intestinal obstruction, anemia, pain in the legs and joints. Diphyllobothriasis causes persistent diarrhea and disruption of the cardiovascular system.
- Cysticercus parasites.Symptoms of infection: mental disorders that cause hallucinations. Also, protruding moles appear on the body, which eventually transform into malignant formations.
- Ascaris.Other signs of parasites: allergic dermatoses, headache attacks. Roundworm worms cause anemia, migraine and cerebrovascular problems.
Localization in the human body
Parasites in the human body choose any place of localization, suitable for the implementation of life. They can affect the human brain, genitals, bronchi, liver, nasopharynx. Often, the intestines are the habitat of worms. Children, as a rule, become infected with pinworms, while in adults, in addition to pinworms, the most common types of parasites parasitize: roundworms, cysticercus, wide tapeworm, schistosomes, lamblia.
How to find out about the presence of parasites in the human body?
It happens that the presence of helminths in a person is manifested by mild symptoms. How to check if parasites live in the human body? If most of the signs match, then you need to be examined and find the cause. General signs of the presence of parasites in the human body:
- severe itching and itching in the anal area (especially at night);
- rash on different parts of the body;
- headache attacks;
- upset stomach and intestines;
- causeless weight loss;
- the appearance of swelling of the extremities;
- periodic aching abdominal pain;
- chronic fatigue and apathy towards everything;
- kidney pain and muscle pain.
Diagnostics and treatment
If a child or an adult has all the signs of parasite infestation, an urgent need to contact an infectious disease doctor or parasitologist. The doctor will prescribe the necessary tests and a course of examinations. Only after receiving the diagnostic results will there be an accurate definition of this problem. Parasitic tests include:
- Analysis of feces for the presence of worm larvae.
- Scraping for enterobiasis.
- Biochemical blood test.
- Radiography. It is carried out in the case when it is necessary to determine the location of the parasites.
Treatment of parasites is carried out in stages and consists of the following methods:
- Antihelminthic therapy. The choice of medication for treating helminthic disease depends on the type of parasite.
- Cleansing internal organs from worms using homeopathic remedies.
- Traditional methods of therapy have a detrimental effect on parasites, remove adults and their larvae from the body. Folk recipes include: antihistamines from medicinal plants, antihelminthic products (garlic, dill, pumpkin seeds).
- If necessary, use of an ozone-oxygen mixture (local ozone therapy). It is used to destroy bacteria and viruses, relieves intoxication and has an immunomodulating effect on the human body.
- Parasites that live in the human body and cause poisoning of the body require hospital treatment, in rare cases of surgery.
Timely implementation of a course of antiparasitic therapy will prevent negative health effects. Although a person falls into the risk group for infection with helminths, it is important to observe preventive measures, treat infections in time in order to protect themselves from reinfection and maintain health.