Parasitic disease is a disease caused by protozoa, helminth and insects. According to statistics, from infection suffers every fourth inhabitant of the planet. In Russia every year there are nearly 1.5 million cases of infestation.
Infection is possible by drinking contaminated water, vegetables and fruits, herbs, buy fresh fish and meat in "illegal" spots, where there are no certificates of veterinary inspection, when communicating with Pets. The danger of parasitic infestations that in the absence of treatment there is a slow destruction of the body.
Types of parasites in the human body
Organisms, parasites in the human body, are divided into true and false. The first group is referred pinworms, Giardia and other parasites, for which parasitism is a prerequisite for existence; the second those that accidentally enter the body and begin to parasitize.
Each of the pathogens has the tools to help you to gain a foothold in the human body. This is a suction Cup, the plate-teeth, hooks, which constantly injure the mucosa. Having microscopic or sizeable, they destroy the beneficial bacteria that poison the body with their waste and suppress the immune system.
Symptoms of parasites in humans
Because of the variety pathogenetic mechanisms of the effects of parasites on the body symptoms can be similar to infectious and surgical diseases. Therefore, for the final diagnosis, physicians needed the results of laboratory tests.
Physicians typical symptoms of infection of helminth and other parasites. The most striking of them.
- Itching ;
- The symptoms of urticaria;
- The development of pseudo-allergies after bathing, sunbathing, drinking soda, sweets and pastries;
- Spontaneously arising and subsiding attacks of bronchospasm;
- Perianal itching, perioral dermatitis, cheilitis;
- Hair loss;
- Febrile syndrome;
- Education pustular rash.
In chronic course.
- Nausea, vomiting;
- Quick weight loss;
- Diarrhea or intestinal obstruction;
- The lack or loss of appetite;
- Pain when moving the tongue;
- The development of pain in the near-umbilical and epigastric regions;
- The impossibility of eating fatty;
- The increase of salivation;
- An enlarged liver.
Observed in the toxocariasis infection, hymenolepiasis, and cysticercosis, trichocephalosis.
- Sleep disturbance;
- Irritability and fatigue;
- Hypochromic iron deficiency anemia;
- Poorer performance on the background of deterioration of memory, attention;
- Instability of blood pressure;
- Meningeal symptoms.
Causes of parasites in the human body
Infecting the other is due to the lack of hygiene or violation of technology of preparation of dishes. List the main causes of parasites are:
- The use of dirty vegetables, fruits, boiled water;
- Illiterate cooking;
- Failure to comply with sanitary regulations catering sellers;
- Contact with animals;
- Touching the handles of public doors, rail transport;
- Swimming in waters contaminated with schistosome;
- The presence of flies in the apartment house;
- Work with earth or manure without gloves, playing in the sandbox.
The main sources of infestation
Infestation occurs by direct contact or by mouth. Through the mouth parasites can enter the body in two ways: through dirty hands, products, or by eating poorly heat treated meat or fish, which are infected with larvae of parasites.
Parasites in fish
- Opisthorchiasis. Media: fish of the carp family. Fluke lives in the liver, the pancreas, causing a temperature rise to 40 degrees, intolerance to fatty, vomiting, pain in the right hypochondrium. Symptoms occur after 2-3 weeks. Opisthorchiasis last for years, affecting the internal organs.
- Clonorchiasis. Media fish inhabiting the waters of China, Korea, Amur region. Symptoms of opisthorchiasis are similar.
- Difillobotrioz. Media – the far Eastern fish. Symptoms: bloating, nausea, drowsiness, unstable stool, salivation.
- Antacids. Media: herring (North sea amazed at 55-100%), cod, salmon. Inside the body gets by eating raw fish. Symptoms: diarrhea, rash, possible intestinal ulcer.
- Ligules. Media: carp. Non-hazardous to humans if the pathogen extract, and fish is subjected to heat treatment.
Parasites in the meat
- The species Trichinella spiralis. Route of infection – wild game meat or pork. Larvae with the blood into the muscle, causing pain in them, swelling of the face, the rash is of allergic nature.
- Beef tapeworm infection. Medium – cattle, route of infection – consumption of beef subjected to minimum heat treatment. Symptoms: constipation, rapid weight loss.
Parasites from plants, wild berries
- Alveococcus multilocularis. A person infected through dirty berries or dirty hands.
- Geohelminth Ascaris. Features of infection: ingestion of eggs from unwashed fruits and vegetables, drinking not boiled water. Symptoms of infection: cough and Allergy, intestinal obstruction.
- Ancylostoma duodenale. Parasite larvae from soil enter the inside of the person, if he swallows them with vegetables and fruits. The parasite feeds on the blood, injures the mucosa of the small intestine, causing inflammation.
- Balantidium coli. Media – pigs, sometimes dogs and rats. Often ill people in rural areas.
Parasites in the water
- Dracunculiasis. Media – crustaceans Cyclops. They enter the body with poorly treated water. The parasites are released after digestion of crustaceans in the stomach. From there, the worms fall into subcutaneous fat. A year later, the female parasite forms a million Mature larvae. Its head end comes to the skin, forming a watery bubble 10 cm in Order to remove the itching and burning, the person immerses the affected area and water, which causes the release of parasites and the beginning of a new round of development.
- Gnathostoma spinigerum. Infection occurs by drinking water is not disinfected water, meat-eating frogs and fish. Symptoms: skin swelling and itching, fever, possible loss of the eyeball. The disease is recurrent in nature.
Modern methods of diagnosis of parasites
Helminth living in the gut, are found in the feces: coprogram, perianal scrapings, method of enrichment. If the doctor suggests paragons, the analysis take the sputum, the urine - in cases of suspected urogenital schistosomiasis. The reliability of these methods is only 15-20%.
We list frequently used and current research, specifying their advantages and disadvantages.
- Macro - and microscopic examination of the feces. The performance depends on what stage of development is a parasite. The victim of the parasite to notice very difficult, so the parasite needs to get into the laboratory alive.
- Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay. The presence of antibodies and antigens by helminth with an accuracy of 60-80% determines the kind of parasites, their strength.
- Histological coprogram. Stool analysis, involving the detection of parasites or components of their body with heavy-duty microscopes.
- Ultrasound x-ray examination and computed tomography. Detects changes of the internal organs.
- Bioresonance diagnostics. Picks up a specific frequency range, which emit helminth. Detects parasites at all stages of development, specifies their localization. The authenticity of 75-95%.
- Hemo-scan. Analysis of blood cells reveals the presence of nonspecific substances and elements indicating the presence of helminth.
- Serological methods (reaction of a ring precipitation test, indirect hemagglutination, enzyme-labeled bodies, binding complement, agglutination of the latex). Based on the detection in blood of specific antibodies.
- Laboratory examination of muscle sections of skin and blood. Biopsy and muscle digestion. Allows you to detect inside the muscle fibers of larvae of Trichinella.
- Analysis of duodenal contents. Fractional sensing, during which 3 portions of bile from the duodenum 12. Last about 1.5 hours. The analysis sent still hot bile.
- Examination of urine. Allows to detect helminth, parasitic in the urogenital system.
The influence of parasites on human health
The parasites deprive the body of vitamins and minerals, kills the blood cells – white blood cells and red blood cells, leaving only the toxic waste his life. This is reflected in the development of an allergic reaction and slagging of the intestine and of the liver, deformation of different organs, "chronic fatigue syndrome".
In General, the impact of parasites on health can be divided into mechanical, toxic, immune, and food. Here are the most dangerous to human disorders:
- Peritonitis, caused by the parasites clinging to the walls of the intestines and ulcers.
- Intestinal obstruction caused by the accumulation of tangles of parasites.
- Violation of trophism of tissues and organs, provoked by the compression of the parasites of the blood vessels.
- Beriberi, which slows down growth and the process of weight gain.
- Violation of protein metabolism, associated with the violation of a leakage of biochemical processes.
- Menstrual disorders, vaginitis in women, infertility, prostatitis in men.
- May develop pneumonia, asthma, diabetes, diseases of the joints.
Treatment of parasites in the human body
Treatment of helminth involves the selection of a specific anthelmintic drugs. The pharmacological industry produces a lot of drugs belonging to different chemical groups. Folk remedies can also help to fight the disease, but keep in mind that they do not take into account your individuality as a patient, presence of concomitant diseases.
Folk remedy for parasites
Folk remedies are well manifested at the initial stage of the disease. They act slower than synthetic medicines, but cause the body less harm. We list the most effective:
- Monastic tea from parasites. Kills helminth, protozoa, fungal spores. The basis of: agrimony, oak bark, marsh cudweed, yarrow, birch leaves, wormwood, calendula, chamomile, connected in known only to the manufacturer proportions. If you drink it for 21 days, the parasites will die, and their waste products are removed, the affected areas of the internal organs will begin to recover.
- Tincture of wormwood pumpkin seeds. Dry raw materials of sage and pre-crushed seeds pour vodka at the rate of 1:3, insist on a Sunny location for 7 days; take twice a day 50 ml, preferably 30 minutes before meals. It normalizes the intestinal microflora, stimulates biliary secretion, neutralizes toxins, strengthens the immune system.
- Cloves of parasites. Carnation disinfects the internal organs, restores the protective functions of the body after intoxication, relieves pain. It treat giardiasis and opisthorchiasis. At home apply clove powder: mix cloves and flax seeds in a ratio of 1:10, grind and take 3 days in a row before a meal 1 teaspoon (allowed to drink water).
- Garlic against parasites. Evening: apples or sauerkraut, then in small portions and completely swallow finely chopped garlic – 200 g, with cucumber, tomato and a pickle. To 16.00 the next day – only pickles or sauerkraut, then put an enema (to get rid of the dead helminth). Enema: in 2 liters of water brew 1 tablespoon of chamomile, after cooling the broth and add 1 tbsp of Apple cider vinegar and sea salt.
- Triad of parasites. Triad is called an anti-parasitic collection, which includes a green shell of a walnut, cloves and wormwood or tansy, wormwood and cloves (according to the method Ivanchenko). Contraindications: children, pregnancy, gastrointestinal disease, intoxication, immunodeficiency.
- Tansy from parasites. The bitter taste of tansy is an antagonist of worms and Giardia. We give the recipe: 20 g raw pour a liter of boiling water and insist hour. Adults take 1/2 C three times a day before you eat, children 1 tbsp.
- Pumpkin seeds from parasites. Used in combination with garlic. Crushed roasted in a dry frying pan 200 grams of untreated seeds: mix and also crushed 6 cloves of garlic and 2 tablespoons of honey. Insist half a day, then take 1 tbsp for adults and 1 tsp children for 4 days.
- Soda from parasites. Treatment involves a course of enemas from 8 to 10 sessions. 20-30 gr. soda dissolved in 800 ml of water, heated to 38-42 degrees. Before treatment, make a cleansing enema, and then the prepared solution was injected for 30 minutes. After bowel once again put a cleansing enema.
Remember that the means used in folk medicine, sometimes only alleviate the symptoms of infestation. Do not give up your medication prescribed by your doctor.
Prevention of parasitic diseases
Prevention is the only method of combating parasitic infections. Daily observance of simple rules is much more effective.
- Thoroughly wash hands after hands after using the toilet, communicating with animals, after excavation.
- Buy meat and fish in areas of authorized trade.
- Expose meat and fish prolonged heat and cooking: cook the meat in small pieces about 2.5 hours and fish for at least 15 minutes. Ambassador fish must be held not less than 2 weeks, freezing is more than 10 days at a temperature of minus forty degrees.
- Do not use for chopping and slicing meat, vegetables, bread, fish the same Board.
- Berries, fruits, greens, collected even at their summer cottage, thoroughly wash and drench with boiling water.
- The water used for drinking, be sure to boil.
- Track down and destroy the carriers of the parasites, cockroaches, flies and other insects.